Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Addiction to music

There are two things that I'm addicted to - internet and music.
I'm probably a part of the majority who just sits in front of their computer for a really long time, but music, I am really addicted to music.
It developed in such a subtle way that I don't even remember when it began..
Like heavy smokers smoke a lot, I do a lot of music; no, I do not simply listen to music, I do music.
I carry my ipod 24-7 and I need it when I'm going to sleep. When I'm highly stressed, like when my mom was scolding me for getting an a minus on my math class, I start shaking, and then I would do music and it would calm me down. When I do my homework, despite knowing that it distracts me a lot, I do music. This is a serious problem for me. Even if I dont have a song which I want to listen, I just do music. After not having done music for a long time, I get withdrawal symptoms. Yes, I actually get withdrawal symptoms like when a smoker tries to quit smoking. I can't stay still and I get very nervous. I hear music without my headset or the music on, and I dream music (don't wanna talk about that). And when I give up on trying to quit doing music after a stressful struggle with myself, I crawl to where my ipod is, sweating cold and my head dizzy, I grab my ipod with trembling hands and play any song. Then, with great relief, but regret, I'd be like "not again... I can't stop listening to music" I look at my ipod and realize that the song I put on is "Stan" by Eminem. I suddenly feel like standing.. Maybe cuz it rhymed with Stan.
Then I see a fruit seller outside the window. I remember eating pineapple two days ago. Pineapples are one of those food that if you eat once in a while it's good, but if you eat it for like 2 days in a row, you get sick of it. I wonder where pineapples come from. Oh, and in case you believed my story, I was just kidding. Trollolol!

1 comment: